Don’t let crooked teeth, gaps, crowded teeth, or overlapping teeth make you feel self-conscious and uncomfortable any longer. Invisalign® aligners are a removable orthodontic treatment for teens and adults. They consist of a series of clear aligner trays that you wear for several weeks at a time. As your teeth gently move into position, you move on to the next set of trays.
Invisalign® aligners are made with SmartTrack® material, the latest in comfort and results, so you’ll feel and see the difference in your smile. Plus, clear aligners can be a great option for those looking for a more discreet way to straighten their smile.
As you consider different options to straighten your teeth, price will undoubtedly be a key factor.
If you’re researching the cost of Invisalign®, keep reading to learn what will affect the price of your treatment, if insurance can help cover the costs, and what to know to get started with treatment.
Cost Factors for Invisalign® Treatment
Although a confident smile is priceless, most patients find that Invisalign® custom-made clear aligners are surprisingly affordable. Factors that are involved in the total cost include:
- Treatment needs. The main factor in the cost of Invisalign® aligners is the complexity of your dental needs. Patients with just a few crooked teeth or a slight overbite will find that the length of treatment is usually quite short and therefore less expensive. Patients who need a more complex, major realignment will usually require a longer treatment period, which will be more costly.
- Personal oral hygiene habits. Your participation in adhering to the oral hygiene care plan prescribed by your orthodontist is crucial to the success of your Invisalign® treatment. Your local orthodontist or virtual care team can educate you about brushing and flossing, and show you how to take care of your aligners. The more you follow these guidelines, the quicker your Invisalign® aligners will be able to do their job.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign® Aligners?
There are several ways to pay for your Invisalign® treatment:
- Insurance. While insurance alone does not affect the cost of your overall Invisalign® treatment, it can reduce your out-of-pocket costs. To determine whether Invisalign® aligners are covered, you can ask your benefits manager at work, review your health plan documents, or contact your insurance company directly. Be sure to ask your local orthodontist if your health coverage is accepted. Although each plan is different, many insurance providers cover Invisalign® aligners the same way they would traditional braces. Some plans will pay a percentage, and others will pay a fixed amount.
- Pre-tax dollars. You may be able to apply the pre-tax dollars in your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) toward Invisalign® treatment.
Cost of Invisalign® Aligners
Depending on your alignment needs and health history, the cost for custom-made Invisalign® aligners can be very comparable to braces.
Keep in mind that the cost of Invisalign® clear aligners includes:
- In-person and virtual appointments with your orthodontist.
- Aligners that are easily removable for eating, drinking, and oral care.
- No emergency dental visits for broken wires.
- Custom aligner sets trimmed to your gum line for optimal comfort and appearance.
- A great smile and increased confidence!
Traditional braces and Invisalign® aligners can be affordable, effective options for straightening your teeth. Depending on your goals and preferences, your orthodontist may recommend one method over the other.
Payment Plans. Check with your local orthodontist to see what type of financing options might be available. Flexible monthly payment plans make starting treatment easy.
Discuss Your Invisalign® Treatment Costs with a Local Orthodontist
Invisalign® aligners meet the busy lifestyle needs of adults and teens. They fit great, look great, and give you freedom for the things you enjoy doing most.
Only your orthodontist can determine the full cost of your individual Invisalign® treatment plan after a thorough examination, determination of your needs, and review of your insurance options.
At your local Smile Doctors office, you can enjoy a free consultation to learn more about your treatment options and create a custom plan for your alignment goals.
If now is the time for you to gain more self-confidence, find a local orthodontist to get started today. Find out how surprisingly affordable it can be for Invisalign® aligners to make your smile even better.
Invisalign®, the Invisalign logo, and iTero®, among others, are trademarks and/or service marks of Align Technology, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and may be registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.