Invisalign® aligners are a clear, alternative solution to address gaps, crooked, crowded, or even overlapping teeth. The beauty of this straightening approach is that Invisalign® aligners are both comfortable and convenient to wear.
Before taking the first step to a more confident smile, the first question many patients ask is, “Do Invisalign® aligners work?” Over 11 million bright new smiles say “Yes,” including over 1 million teens! Here are answers to questions many patients ask about Invisalign® treatment:
How Does Invisalign® Treatment Work?
You will wear a series of custom-made clear aligner trays to straighten your teeth with Invisalign® clear aligners. Following your local orthodontist’s treatment plan, this removable, discreet system gently moves teeth into position. They are made with SmartTrack® material for the latest in comfort and results.
Whether it’s a simple fix, or a complex realignment, you’ll be amazed at the difference Invisalign® aligners can make. The process is simple:
- Meet with your local orthodontist, who will perform a thorough examination and take a precise 3D digital scan of your teeth.
- You’ll get a customized treatment plan to meet your exact realignment needs.
- After your initial smile assessment, you’ll receive your very own set of customized Invisalign® aligners.
- Start wearing your first set of clear aligners, for 20-22 hours per day. Take out your aligners to eat or drink and remove them to floss and brush.
- As each set accomplishes its repositioning goal, you move on to the next set – usually every two to three weeks.
- You’ll have regular appointments with your local orthodontist to check on your progress, but most patients start seeing results within a few short weeks.
Does Invisalign® Treatment Actually Work?
- How Effective is Invisalign®? Each case is unique, but Invisalign® clear aligners can effectively resolve many of the same mild to moderate orthodontic issues corrected by traditional braces. The greater your compliance with the treatment plan, the better your results will be.
- What Can Invisalign® Aligners Treat? Comprehensive Invisalign® treatment can address complex cases. The advanced technology of Invisalign® clear aligners can be effective for most cases of overbite, underbite, crossbite, gapped teeth, open bite, crowded teeth, and mildly crooked teeth.
- How Long Does Invisalign® Take? Ask your local orthodontist about how long Invisalign® treatment will take to meet your specific realignment goals. Some minor readjustments can take as little as six months, but it is important to remember that treatment works most effectively and quickly when you follow the recommended guidelines. Your treatment time may be longer if you fail to wear your aligners the required amount of time, don’t keep good oral hygiene habits, or miss scheduled appointments.
Is Invisalign® Right for Me?
Only your local orthodontist can determine if Invisalign® clear aligners are right for you, but making a commitment to realigning your teeth with comfort and convenience is a great place to start. Invisalign® aligners are perfect for busy adults who want to look their best at work and social situations, or teens who are looking for a way to discreetly improve their smiles.
Talk to one of the skilled orthodontists from Smile Doctors today and find out whether Invisalign® clear aligners can give you the smile you want.
Invisalign®, the Invisalign logo, and iTero®, among others, are trademarks and/or service marks of Align Technology, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and may be registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.