COVID-19 is forcing all of us to change and adapt, sometimes on a daily basis. One thing that has not changed is Smile Doctors commitment to bringing hope and happiness to our communities, one smile at a time. Because our goal is to provide your
family with safe, healthy smiles, Smile Doctors is taking extra precautions to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of both our patients and team members.
As state, local, and dental board re-opening guidelines continue to develop, we are carefully monitoring all recommendations and developing safety protocols to allow us to ensure that safety, health, and well-being are our top priority.
In-Office Appointments: Patient Intake & Health Check Process
Our foremost priority is to provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients. This starts with visitors entering the office.
Each location will have one designated Team Member to greet visitors. This Team Member will provide hand sanitizer to patients and responsible parties that will be entering the clinic. Responsible parties may choose to stay in their car
while patients are escorted to the clinic by a Team Member.
Masks are required for everyone in the practice, including team members and parents. Patients are asked to wear a mask as well, except during treatment.
Prior to entry, all visitors, including Team Members, will have their temperature taken and be asked a series of targeted Health Check questions:
• Do you have a new fever (100.4°F or higher) or a sense of having a fever?
• Do you have a new cough or new sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Do you have new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Do you have new muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
• Have you recently lost your sense of taste or smell?
• Do you live with anyone who is currently under quarantine related to COVID-19?
If a Team Members, patient, or responsible party registers a temperature of 100.4°F or higher, exhibits flu-like symptoms, or answers “Yes” to any of our Health Check questions, they will respectfully be asked to leave the location,
and support will be provided for any health concerns. At that time, all surfaces that were within the proximity of that individual will be re-sanitized as a precautionary safety measure.
What are we doing to ensure your safety inside the clinic?
• Team Members will to continue practicing Universal Safety Precautions for Infection Control (CDC standards for sterilization and disinfection)
• We will wipe down common area surfaces (doorknobs, handles, counter tops, chairs) at least once per hour throughout clinic, including the reception area.
• Brush stations will be closed, but our Team Members will assist patients with brushing at the chair
• Magazines and hands-on games to be removed from reception area, and the snack area will be closed
• Our reception area furniture will be rearranged where possible to ensure 6+ foot distance
• Contact with parents or patients restricted – we love you, but we are refraining from our normal high fives, hugs, and handshakes at this time
• In addition to the actions taken by our Team Members for our common spaces, our chairside care will be modified to incorporate extra precautions, as well.
• Team Members with direct patient contact during aerosol-generating procedures are required to wear reusable face shields in addition to standard face masks
• Patients will be spaced out in treatment chairs where possible
• Our treatment area will be restricted to patients only, with only one Team Member interacting with each individual patient
• Team Members and Doctors will follow modified bonding and debonding safety precautions
• Team Members will be asked not to remove or dispose of their mask unless an aerosol event occurs or there is concern over contamination
• Team Members will wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (feel free to suggest a song for your clinician!) and apply hand sanitizer between every single patient
We understand each patient will have different levels of comfort in dealing with the safety standards required during the COVID-19 crisis. In addition to in-office visits, we are pleased to continue to offer virtual consultations for new patients, and remote dental monitoring for our current patients. The health and safety of our patients, their families, our team, and our
community is our top priority, and we are here for you in any capacity you find most comfortable.
If you have any questions about our process or would like to learn more, please call your location.
If you would like to learn more about our virtual offerings, reach out to one of our helpful Team Members:
Our Dental Monitoring Coordinator can be reached at 1 (888) 809-7055 (Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm CST) or via email at email@example.com
To learn more about virtual consultations and getting started on your treatment from the comfort of home, contact our Aligner Concierge at 1 (877) 244-8173 (Monday - Friday, 7a -7p CST) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon - in-person or virtually!